About this Course
Digital Entrepreneurship is a tool to support the next generation of digital entrepreneurs in learning the fundamentals of management and entrepreneurial practices.
What Will You Learn
- The first step is to identify an operating team whose full-time job is to develop new ideas and explore new market opportunities.
- Balancing sheer force of will with the ability to partner up is what separates the good from the great.
- Explore creative solutions, challenge existing norms, fail responsibly (but quickly learn and adjust), and make independent decisions.
- Prioritize core business lines at the expense of new business growth.
Digital Entrepreneurship is a tool to support the next generation of digital entrepreneurs in learning the fundamentals of management and entrepreneurial practices. As another branch of business and management, this digital entrepreneurship programme is in line with the vision of becoming the front runner for education in such discipline. In regards with the mission, this programme is developed based on the latest emphasis by both federal and state government on the digital economy for the coming years to come. Hence, the programme is able to support the mission by keeping track with the latest trend in the external environment.
- Information Management
- Management and Administration
- Sales and Marketing
- Business Development
- Education Industry
- Social media
- Customer service and management
- Visual merchandising
- Business Communication and Presentation Skills
- Fundamentals of Digital Entrepreneurship
- Fundamentals of Management
- Fundamentals of Information Technology
- Small Business Management
- Fundamentals of Marketing
- Entrepreneurial Finance
- Human Resource Management
- Pengajian Malaysia II
- Communicative English (For students with credit in SPM BM)
- Bahasa Kebangsaan A (For students without credit in SPM BM)
- Etika dan Amalan Moral
- Digital Advertising
- Business Ethics
- Business Statistics
- Creativity and Innovation in Entrepreneurship
- Organisational Behaviour
- Business Plan
- Law for E-Commerce
- The Digital Economy
- Supply Chain Management
- Managing Customer Relationship
- Digital Ethics
- Principles of Project Management
- Risk Management for Digital Business
- Industrial Training
A pass in SPM with at least Credit in any the following subjects:
– Any two (2) other subjects
A pass in Sijil Tinggi Persekolahan Malaysia (STPM), with a minimum Grade C (GP 2.0) in any subject or any equivalent qualification;
A pass in SKM Level 3 in a related field, and a pass in SPM with a minimum of 1 Credit in any subject;
Any qualifications equivalent to Certificate (Level 3, MQF) and recognized by the Malaysian government.