About this Course
This programme is a pre-university programme that will provide students with entry into degree programmes in Health Sciences.
What Will You Learn
- Wide range of broad subject areas
- Open up opportunities for students to specialise further in the next year
- Faster to land for first year of a full degree programme
- This programme is designed to prepare students for a range of courses
- The flexibility is one of the great things about foundation year
- Allow students to find out more about their interests and talents before focusing on a three-year degree programme
The Foundation in Health Sciences is a comprehensive one-year pre-university programme aimed at providing students with the knowledge required to further their ambition of pursuing degree courses in the field of health sciences.
Our programme is designed to offer an excellent and worthy pre-university education that will augment the relevant pathway towards achieving industry related careers specifically in the field of Medicine, Pharmacy, Physiotherapy, Allied Science and Health Care Management.
This programme has attained full accreditation status by Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA) in the year 2009. It presents a smooth transition for students to pursue a degree in any health sciences industry with direct entry to chosen faculties at our partner institutions as well as other educational private or international institutions.
Progress to undergraduate Degree programmes
- MBBS and Bachelor of Pharmacy (CGPA 3.00 and above)
- Bachelor in Physiotherapy, Bachelor of Psychology or any bachelor’s degree in Allied Science courses (CGPA 2.50 and above)
- English I
- Mathematics I
- Biology I
- Introduction to Health Education
- Fundamental of IT
- Physics I
- English II
- General Chemistry
- Biology II
- Physics II
- Mathematics II
- Interpersonal Communication Skills
- Behavioral Science: Psychology
- Chemistry for Health Sciences
For students who intend to pursue their studies in Medicine:
- Pass SPM/ SPMV/ O’Level with at least B grade in FIVE (5) subjects including Mathematics or Additional Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology and other subject as well as credit in Bahasa Malaysia and English or its equivalent.
For students who intend to pursue their studies in Dentistry and Pharmacy:
- PPass SPM/ SPMV/ O’Level with at least B grade in FIVE (5) subjects including Mathematics , Additional Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology or other Technical subject as well as pass in Bahasa Malaysia and English or its equivalent.
For students who intend to pursue their studies in Sciences:
- Pass SPM/ SPMV/ O’Level with at least FIVE (5) credits including Mathematics and TWO (2) Science subjects as well as pass in Bahasa Malaysia and English or its equivalent.